Caramelized Banana stuffed french toast bites to make your morning brighter than ever. It’s like having dessert for breakfast. What more can you ask for?
Banana Stuffed French Toast Bites
Now, this is not your traditional French Toast, This is Fallon’s Banana Stuffed French Toast Bites. I am always adding a twist to something to make it more fun and tastier. You can always do this method the traditional way and use the caramelized bananas as the toppings or you can also make a pocket in your bread and stuff the bananas in there. There are so many ways to do it, believe me. Just do what you prefer. But I do swear by the deliciousness.
Stuffed French Toast Bites
I also realize that I might have cut too much off the bread edges lol yes the cuts were big so you can make them bigger. Don’t make my mistake. In some of the bites, I added too much caramelized banana. So I had one which looked like a ball, Unfortunately, I ate it though. Try not to douse it in syrup. It’s a perfect balance sweetness on the inside, you don’t want to add too much syrup to ruin it.
How to make Stuffed French Toast
- I use Almond milk because it’s better for my digestive system. But honestly, there wasn’t much difference in taste at all. You couldn’t tell I didn’t use regular milk. You could definitely make this diary free with just a few substitutions.
- Make sure to mix out your egg mixture thoroughly. You don’t want your toast to taste like eggs.
- Using the right bread will make or break your french toast. I tried this with keto bread and it was awful. Sorry, no offense but I could never ever again.
- When adding your spoon of caramelized bananas, try not to add too much this will make your stuffing bulgy and the bread will break before you seal the ends.
- Dip the bits in the egg mixture for a second, you do not want your bread to be mushy and fall apart.
- Using a rack to bake the bites is better than putting them in a pan with butter and oil. The oven gives it a perfect even quote.
- Overripe bananas will make it sweeter yes, but when cooked they will mash and then they will no longer be firm and have a bite.
- The Carmamzlize sauce can be used as your syrup for the topping, just make more if you prefer to use that over pancake syrup.
CHECK OUT THSE AWESOME RECIPES FROM US
Stuffed Banana French Toast Bites
- Rolling Pin
- 8 Brioche Bread Slices
- 2 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ¼ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- splash almond flavor
- pinch of salt
Caramel Banana Sauce
- 2 whole bananas
- 2 tbsp Butter
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- Dash of Vanilla
- 1 tbsp of milk
- Maple Syrup to garnish
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- In a bowl add milk, eggs, cardamom, vanilla, nutmeg, almond flavor, cinnamon, a pinch of salt, and whisk together until everything is blended together. Set aside.
- Cut up bananas into circular shapes and set aside.
- Using a glass, rolling pin whatever you can get your hands on. Flatten each bread and then set them aside.
- Place the flatten bread on a flat surface, add a spoon of caramelized banana in the middle of the bread and place another bread on top to make a sandwich. Use a knife to cut the bread edges off. Use the tines of the fork to press into the edges of the bread to seal it.
- After, add the stuffed bread in the milk and egg mixtures you set aside earlier and coat each stuffed bread evenly. (one at a time)
- Place the stuffed bread on top of a rack and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, add butter, brown sugar, vanilla, milk, and cook until it becomes thicken. Then add the bananas to the sauce and mix together until the bananas are soft but with a bite.
- Garnish with leftover caramelized bananas, maple syrup, and powdered sugar.