Quesadilla is a very well known and popular Mexican dish. It can be done any style, hence why it is so versatile. Whether you are vegan, gluten-free, pescatarian, vegetarian or whatever the case maybe there will be a quesadilla out there for you.
You are welcome to add different colors of bell peppers to brighten its look and flavor.
You can add black beans or replace the tomato with black beans if you prefer.
You can also use a different kind of cheese if you like. However, I love the Mexican Taco Blend Cheese.
Gluten sensitivity: Purchase gluten-free tortilla.
Keto: Sub for keto wraps.
Vegetarians: Sub meat/seafood with black beans, corn, avocados, or mushrooms.
You can’t go wrong.
Beef and Shrimp Quesadilla
- 2 tortillas
- 1 cup or 8 oz Ground Beef
- 6 pieces Jumbo Shrimp
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup Mexican Taco Cheese
- 1 tbsp Oil
Seasoning for the Beef
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp Cumin
- or 1 Packet Taco Seasoning You can buy the taco season mix to make it easier and add more paprika and cayenne if you like spicy, also make sure to add salt and pepper to taste
Seasoning for the Shrimp
- 1 tsp Season salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- Preparing the beef: In a skillet over medium heat, brown the beef while adding either the taco season mix or your own seasoning (paprika, salt, black pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, and cumin) and cook until beef is tender. Then add diced onions, cook this until the onions are translucent.
- Preparing the shrimp: In another small skillet add oil on medium heat. Then place the shrimp in the skillet and add the season salt and black pepper. Cook for 4 mins. Do not overcook the shrimp. Note: if your package of shrimp is already cooked just toss it in the pan for 2 mins.
- In a non-stick pan add flour tortilla. Note: you do not need to add oil unless your pan is non-stick. On one half of the tortilla add half of the cooked beef, then sprinkle half of the diced tomatoes and green peppers, then sprinkle half the Mexican taco cheese on top. (Be generous if you like it extra cheesy)
- Fold the tortilla and flip on each side until the cheese is melted and each side is brown. Repeat the process with the remaining tortilla.
- Cut the quesadillas in half and serve as you desire.