Creamy Potato Bacon & Shrimp Soup
Winter is here so more soup for me he hehe. I love soups of all kind. Today I decided to make this lovely creamy Potato Bacon Soup similar to Loaded Bacon Potato Soup with a twist. Yup! I added shrimp to this one and it was awesome so awesome I had it thrice YES! Thrice in one day, well better to get all the eating out the way for the New Year. 🙂
Prep Time: 10 mins servings: 6-8 Cook time: 25 minutes
- 6 bacon diced
- 8 pieces of jumbo shrimp (without tail)
- 3 1/2 tbsp butter or bacon grease
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups warm Milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese or Cheddar
- green onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional for toppings: Bacon Bits, scallion or Chives diced and Shredded Cheese
- In a large pot cook bacon strips until crispy then set them aside
- Boil Shrimp and then dice them into pieces, set aside for later.
- Remove Bacon from the pot and set aside, leave leftover bacon grease if not you can use butter.
- Add diced onions and parsley to the grease or butter residue, cook for 5 minutes on medium to low heat until the onions are clear.
- Add flour to the chicken stock and whisk until flour is dissolved completely.
- Add Chicken/flour stock to onion and parsley and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Potatoes, milk, bacon and shrimp to the pot for 10-15mins until potatoes are cooked, make sure to stir continuously to avoid burning.
- Add Mexcian Cheese to the pot and stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with Leftover bacon strips, Mexican cheese, and scallion/chives optional shrimp.