Dakgangjeong or Korean Fried Chicken is a crispy and crunchy fried chicken glazed with a sweet and sticky sauce. Absolutely delicious!!!
How to make sweet crunchy Dakgangjeong Korean Fried Chicken
One of my favorite styles of chicken, Dakgangjeong pronounced “Dak-gang-jeong” is known as Korean Fried Chicken is sweet, crispy, and sticky! I love the taste and texture. I added bourbon to my glaze, which is not authentic and it’s optional for this recipe.
Parts of Chicken that can be used for Korean Fried Chicken
- Chicken Tenders: These are easier to fry because they cook much faster cooking time is reduced. Also, it’s perfect for the kids.
- Chicken Legs: Drumstick is juicy, moist, and is perfect for Korean fried chicken. Cooking time is longer.
- Chicken Wings: You can choose to fry the whole being or remove the tips. Either way, the sauce is great with wings.
- Bone-in Chicken or Boneless Chicken: Boneless takes less time to cook than boneless. I think it boils down to your preference for meat.
Why use cornstarch in Korean Fried Chicken?
You can use a mix of cornstarch and flour if you prefer. Using cornstarch makes the chicken crispier.
Marinating snd Soaking the Chicken
Soaking your chicken is optional but I do this just to tenderize the chicken so it’s easier to cook. Marinating is also optional and I do this for extra flavor in my chicken. I have noticed a difference in frying times and tastes when I don’t marinate and soak the chicken.
Let me know what you think about the delicious “Dakgangjeong” Korean Fried Chicken. I am a lover of all foods and ethnicity. I am willing to try anything. Let me. know of any delicious cuisine in your culture that you would love for me to try.
Korean Chilli Paste I use
CHECK OUT THSE AWESOME RECIPES FROM US
Dakgangjeong (Korean Fried Chicken)
- Frying pan
- Chicken legs 4 pieces
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Ginger minced
- 1/2 tsp Garlic minced
- ¾ cup Corn starch
- ½ tsp Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 tbsp Gochujang Paste Korean Chilli Paste
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Bourbon
- 1/2 tsp Ginger mined
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Minced
- 1 tbsp Honey
Preparing the Chicken
- Wash Chicken (Optional) In a bowl add milk to chicken and soak for at least 2hrs. (Let this sit while you work on the sauce).
Making the Sauce
- In a bowl add all the sauce ingredients and mix them together. In a saucepan on medium heat add the sauce to the pot and cook until the sauce becomes a little thick. No more than 4 mins.
Frying the Chicken
- After soaking the chicken, pour off the milk (do not rinse the milk residue off) and add salt, pepper, ginger, and garlic. Let it sit for 10mins. (optional)
- In a frying pan add oil and heat until 350 degrees
- Place chicken in cornstarch and coat chicken until it’s fully coated
- Once the oil is ready place the chicken in the frying pan (each chicken leg should take at least 15-20 mins depending on the size.
- After the chicken is done place the chicken in a saucepan and coat the chicken evenly with the sauce.