One of my favorite styles of chicken, Dakgangjeong also is known as Korean Fried Chicken is sweet, crispy, and sticky! I love the taste and texture. I added bourbon to my glaze but that is optional.
You can use any type of chicken parts boneless or bone-in. Boneless takes less time to cook than boneless.
You can use a mix of cornstarch and flour if you prefer. the cornstarch makes it really crispy.
Soaking your chicken is optional but I do this just to tenderize the chicken so its easier to cook.
Let me know what you think about the delicious “Dakgangjeong” Korean Fried Chicken. I think it’s pronounced “Dak-gang-jeong” I am a lover of all foods and ethnicity. I am willing to try anything. Let me. know of any delicious cuisine in your culture that you would love for me to try.
Check out my Sweet and Sour Chicken and Shrimp
Let’s get started!!!!!
Korean Chilli Paste I use
Dakgangjeong (Korean Fried Chicken)
- Frying pan
- Chicken legs 4 pieces
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Ginger minced
- 1/2 tsp Garlic minced
- ¾ Corn starch
- ½ tsp Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 tbsp Gochujang Paste Korean Chilli Paste
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Bourbon
- 1/2 tsp Ginger mined
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Minced
- 1 tbsp Honey
Preparing the Chicken
- Wash Chicken (Optional) In a bowl add milk to chicken and soak for at least 2hrs. (Let this sit while you work on the sauce).
Making the Sauce
- In a bowl add all the sauce ingredients and mix together. In a saucepan on medium heat add the sauce to the pot and cook until the sauce becomes a little thick. No more than 4 mins.
Frying the Chicken
- After soaking the chicken, pour off the milk (do not rinse the milk residue off) and add salt, pepper, ginger, and garlic. Let it sit for 10mins. (optional)
- In a frying pan add oil and heat until 350 degrees
- Place chicken in cornstarch and coat chicken until it’s fully coated
- Once the oil is ready place chicken in the frying pan (each chicken leg should take at least 15-20 mins depending on the size.
- After the chicken is done place chicken in saucepan and coat the chicken evenly with the sauce.