I made this really delicious keto mixed berry mousse for dessert and it was great. Not too sweet because I didn’t add sugar. I was trying to avoid artificial sweeteners as much as possible. Instead, I used the juice from muddled berries to add to my mixer and also the remaining crushed berries. I think its easy, light, delicious and low carb. This mousse can be used as topping or garnish for your other desserts.
KETO MIXED BERRY MOUSSE
For the Mousse
- 1/3 Cup Blueberries
- 1/3 Cup Raspberries
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 oz Mixed Berries Blueberry and Raspberry
- 2 tbsp Powdered Erythritol Optional (If you prefer to use regular sweetener)
- Muddle the 2oz of mixed berries, if you prefer you can cook them on low heat in a non-stick pan, this will bring out the sweetness in the berries without you having to add sugar. **Do this only if you prefer to not add Erythritol or any low arb sweeteners.
- Add heavy cream and all the other ingredients in a bowl and mix with a mixer or by hand. A mixture makes it fluffier and creamier, by hang takes longer. *** Mix until the mixture becomes fluffy, don't overmix.
- Pour contents in a mason jar or container of choice and chill for 20 minutes. I prefer the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Then garnish with berries. Taste like ice cream.