Wondering how to cook creamy delicious mashed potatoes? The best thing you can do is to add roasted garlic to your mash. The perfect addition.
There isn’t one way to cook garlic mashed potatoes. I believe everyone has their own method that they live. For me it’s just simple, I don’t make it complicated.
What kind of Potatoes to use?
I prefer any yellow potatoes but you can use whatever potatoes you like. Yukon gold potatoes are just super delicious and are perfectly mashed.
How many garlic cloves to use?
Well, this depends on how garlicky you like your mash. I love roasted garlic so for me, I add extra with some olive oil on top. Garlic is tasty and it has tons of health benefits so don’t be afraid to eat them.
I have the instruction and recipe here. It’s pretty simple.
I added dill because the aroma and taste of the mash are just perfect. You could use different herb/s if you like, such as rosemary.
Hand mash or Electric mix
Some people prefer hand mix because they like it chunky and you can taste the chunkiness when you have a bite. Using an electric mix or hand blender will smoothen the potatoes nicely. This adds fluffiness to your mash.
Recipes to try
Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Dill
- 2 pounds potatoes preferably yukon gold
- 2 whole roasted garlic
- 4 tbsp butter soft butter
- 2 tbsp dill
- ⅓ milk
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
- Chop dill into tiny pieces and put it aside for later.
- Make sure to have roasted garlic prepared. Here is the recipe.
- Peel potatoes and add them to the boiling pot with salt and cook until potatoes are tender.
- After boiling, completely drain cooked potatoes then smash with a potato masher preferably.
- Add butter and milk to a bowl then heat in the microwave for 45-60 seconds.
- Then, add the butter and milk mixture and roasted garlic to the mashed potatoes and whip.
- You have two choices. 1. Whipped potatoes with a mixer or hand blender to smooth potatoes. 2. Or hand mix potatoes.
- Garnish with butter and dill.