This post may contain affiliate links for products and services. Please see my full Affliate Disclaimer for details
Honey Roasted Beef Shoulder
- 3lbs Beef shoulder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup beef stock/Juice from the beef shoulder
- 1/4 tsp flour or cornstarch
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- 2 tsp honey or brown sugar
- Served with Jamaican Rice & Peas
- Optional: Marinate beef with season mixture for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350-400degrees
- In a bowl mix salt, pepper, onion powder, thyme leaf, rosemary, worcestershire sauce, garlic, honey or brown sugar and old bay season.
- Base the beef all over with the seasoning mixture then place on a roasting tray on a rack.
- It is recommended to bake for 5 minutes per pound of meat, so a 5-pound roast would bake for 25 minutes, and a 7-pound roast would cook for 35 minutes. However, I prefer my meat well done, so it took 1 hour to fully roast for my 3lb beef.
- Make sure to continuously base the beef roast with the drippings whenever it gets dry.
- In a saucepan add leftover sauce mixture, remove the roast from the pan and pour the pan drippings and beef stock into the saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour/cornstarch and whisk until there are no lumps, stirring and bringing the sauce to a boil.
- Slice the beef for serving then pour the sauce over beef slice.