Summery, Fruity, and Refreshing. I listened to Amy Winehouse ”Rehab” while I sip this ”Peach Basil Cocktail” and looked out my window. It was perfect
The perfect summer drink. Peach and Basil Cocktail, now I twist this one a bit and added grenadine. Which took this drink to another level. I did not add any sugar or syrup to this drink hence the grenadine is the replacement for that. Grenadine is a syrup so it is already sweet.
In order to get the two-color effect, you will need to use a spoon. Place the spoon over the drink and pour the ounce of grenadine on top for it to settle. Do not stir. Drink with a straw that way you will get the layer of different flavors.
Garnish: Garnishes doesn’t have to be complicated but it does assist in esthetics and flavor. It can make and break your drink. I go for simplicity and use a fresh basil leaf to garnish.
Peach and Basil: Make sure to muddle the peaches enough so you can get enough of the juice for your cocktail. Using overripe peaches is what you’ll need to make this happen. Yes, you can add bits of peaches in your cocktail.
I used sweet basil when making this drink. The basil adds to the aroma, freshness, and herbaceous taste.
Making this into a mocktail is a perfect idea and is totally doable. In this case, I would add more lemon juice and a tad bit of ginger flavor, ginger syrup and ginger juice. This combination will make a perfect mocktail. No need to dispose of the excess bits of peach and basil, you can just pour straight into a glass and garnish with basil.
Check out these recipes Soursop Margarita
Peach Basil Cocktail
- 4 oz Tequila
- 2 overripe peaches peeled and chopped
- 6 basil leaf
- 2 oz Grenadine syrup 1 oz for each cocktail
- 1 ½ oz lemon juice
- Crushed iced
- Muddle 2 overripe peaches, while mudding add basil leaves. Do not completely crush the basil to nothing.
- In a shaker add tequila, lemon juice, and muddle peaches with basil.
- Add ice and shake vigorously.
- Using a strainer pour contents in a glass filled with crushed ice.
- Using the back of a spoon, slowly pour grenadine syrup onto the back of the spoon to allow the grenadine to settle at the bottom of the glass.
- Garnish with basil and then serve.