This creamy coconut shrimp pasta is decadently delicious and with red, green, and yellow bell peppers served with penne pasta and topped off with parmesan cheese.
Coconut Shrimp Pasta
The ingredients used in this dish are exactly what I use to make my pasta dish. I use real coconut oil and coconut milk powered. However, you can use coconut milk from the can. I just don’t think the coconut milk here in the US is good enough for me. I end up always using my Jamaican milk powder because it has way more flavor. Is it the best texture? no, you have to work hard in making sure you have no lumps. You can try this Coconut milk brand that is really good.
I can never use supermarket coconut oil. Sorry! I am too West Indian to be using some fake coconut oil that has no flavor, smell, or taste. I get my coconut oil from Jamaica. Usually, I would ask my Grandma to make it and she would make a big batch for me. Coconut oil is available in abundance in my home.
The coconut oil and milk you use can make or break your dish.
What kind of Shrimp to use?
I use argentian prawns. Prawns are so big and juicy I love them. It’s best to use an all-natural fresh medium to jumbo shrimp, but whatever you can afford or have is fine. Fresh anything is always the best tasting.
What type of Pasta to use in your shrimp pasta?
This is a saucy and creamy dish. Therefore, you will want to use pasta that will hold the sauce and that creaminess in every bite. This dish does work well with most pasta. Use what you have. Check out 26 Ways To Pair Your Pasta With The Right Sauce.
Jamaican Shrimp Pasta in Coconut Sauce
What makes this Jamaica? Well, this is exactly how we make our kinds of pasta. Whether it be a regular shrimp, chicken, or rasta pasta this is the method. Matter of fact, I learn to cook it this way with these flavors in Jamaica a long time ago from a renowned Jamaican chef, yes I am that old.
This dish is so easy and delicious your family will love it. Enjoy this Jamaican Shrimp Pasta in Coconut Sauce!!
CHECK OUT THSE AWESOME RECIPES FROM US
Shrimp Pasta in Coconut Sauce
- 16 pieces Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 6-8 ozs Penne Pasta
- 1/2 cup Romano or Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 4 ozs Bell Peppers Different colors (Cut julienne)
- 1 tbsp Bouillon (You can use your own all purpose seasoning)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a pot bring to boil penne pasta base on package directions. Preferable cook al dente. (Make sure to add salt to the water)
- Season shrimp with all purpose season, (optional salt and pepper).
- In a saucepan add coconut oil over medium heat then add minced garlic and shrimp. Sauté until the shrimp is pink.
- Add coconut milk to the saucepan and let simmer for 3mins. Then add parmesan cheese and bell peppers and stir for about a minute.
- Add Cooked pasta to the pan and mix in the sauce and bell peppers. You can add more cheese and coconut milk base on how cheesy and creamy you desire it.
- Add grated parmesan cheese for garnish.