I have been making this Shrimp pasta in coconut sauce ever since I was a teenager. I love coconut hence why I make a lot of dishes with coconut oil or sauce. Especially pasta. My initial idea was to do a pasta for you guys but I think I might pass and do it another time.
Easy to Make Shrimp Pasta in Coconut Sauce
The ingredients used in this dish was real coconut oil and powered coconut milk. I can never use supermarket coconut oil. Sorry! I am too West Indian to be using some fake coconut oil that has no flavor, smell or taste. I get my coconut oil from Jamaica. I usually ask my Grandma to make it and she would make a big batch for me. I always have an abundance of coconut oil available.
This dish is so easy and delicious your family will love it.
Enjoy this Jamaican Shrimp Pasta in Coconut Sauce!!
Shrimp Pasta in Coconut Sauce
- 16 pieces Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 6-8 ozs Penne Pasta
- 1/2 cup Romano or Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 4 ozs Bell Peppers Different colors (Cut julienne)
- 1 tbsp Bouillon (You can use your own all purpose seasoning)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a pot bring to boil penne pasta base on package directions. Preferable cook al dente. (Make sure to add salt to the water)
- Season shrimp with all purpose season, (optional salt and pepper).
- In a saucepan add coconut oil over medium heat then add minced garlic and shrimp. Sauté until the shrimp is pink.
- Add coconut milk to the saucepan and let simmer for 3mins. Then add parmesan cheese and bell peppers and stir for about a minute.
- Add Cooked pasta to the pan and mix in the sauce and bell peppers. You can add more cheese and coconut milk base on how cheesy and creamy you desire it.
- Add grated parmesan cheese for garnish.