Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict
Eggs Benedict is perfect no matter what variation. This Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict is just delicious smoky, buttery, and perfect for your next brunch meal.
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- 4 large eggs
- 4 brioche slices cut diagonal
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- fresh dill to garnish
- fresh chives to garnish
For the Hollandaise Sauce
- 3 egg yolks
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp orange juice or Lemon juice
- salt optional
First thing is to make your Hollandaise sauce. For some, this is not an easy task and the process can be tedious if you don’t understand how to make it.
Separate the egg yolks from the whites. You can use the egg whites to bake or breakfast the next morning.
Remove butter from the fridge. You could allow the butter to melt at room temperature. Or soften in a microwave. Though it's not wrong to melt the butter entirely. I do not melt all mine all the way.
Sauce making on the Stovetop
Add a pot of boiling water filled 1/2 of the way. Do not let the water boil too much. Reduce heat after it comes to a boil. If the glass becomes overheated this will cook the eggs and you might end up with scrambled eggs.
Place egg yolks in a glass bowl then whisk for 30 secs, place the glass bowl on top of the hot pot and slowly add butter to the bowl. Continue whisking until all the butter is added. Do not stop whisking. Add lemon juice and continue to whisk until the sauce becomes thick but slightly runny. Add salt if you desire.
Sauce making in the blender
How to poach eggs
Step 1. Fill a pot with water about ¼ full and bring to a slight boil.
Step 2. Add vinegar
Step 3. Reduce heat to low (small bubbles)
Step 4. Crack the egg in a small bowl
Step 5. Using a spoon swirl the boiling water to make a vortex
Step 6. Slowly add the egg/s to the water
Step 7. It will take no more than 3 mins for the perfect poached egg
Step 8. Remove the egg/s using a strainer or slotted spoon
Step 9. Place eggs on a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
Step 10. Season and serve as desired.
Making eggs Benedict
Cut tomatoes in half and set them aside.
Cut the brioche slices in half, toast to get a golden brown color, then add butter.
Stack them on the plate and place cured salmon on top.
Place poached eggs on top of the cured salmon and spread hollandaise sauce on top.
Place cherry tomatoes around the plate.
Garnish with dill and chives.
- Adding too much lemon juice can break your sauce.
- Too much heat will cause the eggs to overcook before the sauce is made.
- If using a stovetop, whisking is very important. Over whisking can cause the sauce to break.
- Not whisking enough will prevent the sauce from forming or will allow the eggs to cook and cause lumps.
- Butter to egg ratio is important in the perfect sauce.
- I added a small amount of salt because my cured salmon is already salty. If I use prosciutto I reduce my salt even more as prosciutto is salty.
- Add salt base on your preference.