Shopping made easy with Dollar General DG GO! App
Shopping at your favorite store has just become easier. How exciting and awesome it is that Dollar General created this cool shopping app that allows its customers to scan, apply coupons and purchase items. You don’t have to get in a line, or having to worry about being embarrassed at the cashier because somehow you forgot to lodge that paycheck, with this app you will be able to stay on budget.
Dollar General has become one of the first dollar store chains to launch a mobile check-out app. As of right now, the DG GO! App is available in 258 checkout stores so, don’t be upset if they are not in your city because in 2019 they will be launching more in stores near you.
What is DG GO?
DG GO! Is an app created by Dollar General to make life easier for its customers. It enables you to scan and pay for your items without joining the line.
What can you do with the DG GO! App?
- Check prices while shopping in the store
- Scan items as you shop
- Track your total to stay on budget
- Find deals and promotions
- Apply coupons
- Avoid long lines by checking out yourself with the app
- Digital Receipt
What you need to get started with DG GO!
- You need to be in a participating store in order to checkout with the app.
- A mobile phone that has Bluetooth and location services capabilities. Ensure that it is enabled on your device.
- Internet Access through WiFi or cellular data plan
- Operating Systems iOS 10 and above and Android 5.1 and above
- Accepts ONLY credit and debit cards (if customers want/can to check out with the app)
Instructions on downloading the app
- Apple users download in the App Store and Google users download in the Google Play Store.
- Search DG GO!
- Create an Account
- Add your Full Name and Phone number
- Verify your Phone number through a code sent through text messaging
- Add an email
- Agree to the Terms and Agreement
- Allow Location and Bluetooth (ensure that this is enabled on your device.
- Location services will show you the closest participating Dollar General.
Step by Step on how to make in-store purchasing using the app.
Scan Products and add them to your shopping cart or basket.
Check your total as you go
- Add Payment method
- Skip the line by paying in the app. (only in selected stores)
- After paying in the app, you will receive a QR code to scan at the checkout station.
- Place your items in a bag and then you are good to go.
- Your receipt will be available in the app or you can receive by email.
How to add coupons?
Your selected coupons will automatically sync to the app in a matter of seconds.
I honestly love this new savvy mobile checkout from Dollar General. Dollar General is constantly finding new ways to ease the pressure off its consumer so shopping can be much more fun and convenient and easy. I love being able to scan as I shop and see prices with taxes so I can stay on budget, not to mention the opportunity to deals, coupons or promotion that may not be in stores. Currently, the DG GO! App does not accept gift cards, EBT, or cash.
At check-out customers are able to email a digital receipt or print a copy. While bags are provided at the check-out station you are also welcome to use your own reusable bag if you’re into saving the plant like I am. The app also carries some great features such as a virtual assistant if you encounter any issues. Her name is Allie and she will be happy to assist you with questions and problems you have. Allie also uses voice recognition, so both you and Allie can speak to each other if you have trouble. Another cool feature I love is the Order History which shows all your previous orders. This is an awesome feature because I often like to look back on the things I purchase previously to remind me of that brand name I forgot and such.
Download the app and locate the nearest store that uses the DG GO! App and make your next checkout process smooth and easy.