Beef Shank Stir Fry can be done in many ways with different ingredients. This one calls for Beef Shanks that brings more flavor to the dish.
Beef Shank Stir Fry Recipe
This beef stir fry is Asian-inspired cuisine. If you know me you know how much I love different cultures and their variations of food. I like creating and trying new things. Beef stir-fry me not be much of a big deal to create, but you also have to think in mind I am a Jamaican and things are a little bit different on the other side of the world.
Honestly, you can just make stir fry, however, the hell you want to and it will still be good. However, I do love the Hoisin Garlic Sauce with my stir fry as is. I don’t even have to put much at all. Hoisin sauce and some Sesame Seed Oil.
What kind of Beef to use?
NB: If you choose to use beef sirloin that’s fine. It is easier to cook and you won’t need to put it in the oven.
You can add or subtract the veggies, some people like to add zucchini.
Beef Stir Fry Sauce
If you don’t have hoisin sauce, you can make your own sauce.
CHECK OUT THSE AWESOME RECIPES FROM US
Beef Shank Stir Fry
- 1 lb Beef Shank or your choice of beef cut into strips
- 1 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup whole carrot cut julienne
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1 cup mixed color bell pepper cut julienne
- 1/2 cup scallion cut julienne
- ½ cup onion cut into chunks
- 2 cloves whole garlic sliced into pieces
- 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Worcheshire
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Oil for frying
- In a frying pan or cast iron add oil to medium heat. Add beef strips and saute until beef becomes dark brown.
- After sauteing beef strips, add 1 cup of water and cover the skillet with foil and put into the oven on 350 degrees for 30 mins or until beef is tender.
- In a skillet or wok add oil and saute garlic first for a few seconds, then add mushrooms, carrots, onions, bell peppers, and broccoli and continue stirring. (No more than 2 mins)
- Add cooked beef to the pan with veggies and stir continuously under medium to high heat.
- Add sesame seed oil and hoisin sauce and stir constantly for a few seconds.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- After stir frying the veggies add the scallions
- Garnish with sesame seed (Optional)