This beef stir fry is Asian inspired cuisine. If you know me you know how much I love different cultures and their variations of food. I like creating and trying new things. Beef stir-fry me not be much of big deal to create, but you also have to thin in mind I am a Jamaican and things are a little bit different on the other side of the world.
Honestly, you can just make stir fry, however, the hell you want to and it will still be good. However, I do love the Hoisin Garlic Sauce with my stir fry as is. I don’t even have to put much at all. Hoisin sauce and some Sesame Seed Oil. AMAZING!!!
Beef Shank Stir Fry
- 1 lb Beef Shank or your choice of beef cut into strips
- 1 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup whole carrot cut julienne
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1 cup mixed color bell pepper cut julienne
- 1/2 cup scallion cut julienne
- ½ cup onion cut into chunks
- 2 cloves whole garlic sliced into pieces
- 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Worcheshire
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Oil for frying
- In a frying pan or cast iron add oil to medium heat. Add beef strips and saute until beef becomes dark brown.
- After sauteing beef strips, add 1 cup of water and cover the skillet with foil and put into the oven on 350 degrees for 30 mins or until beef is tender.
- In a skillet or wok add oil and saute garlic first for a few seconds, then add mushrooms, carrots, onions, bell peppers, and broccoli and continue stirring. (No more than 2 mins)
- Add cooked beef to the pan with veggies and stir continuously under medium to high heat.
- Add sesame seed oil and hoisin sauce and stir constantly for a few seconds.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- After stir frying the veggies add the scallions
- Garnish with sesame seed (Optional)