Creamy Pumpkin Lobster Bisque with coconut milk. Cooked different from classic Lobster Bisque but It’s just as delicious. With a blend of herbs, pumpkin, and lobster to make this dish even more scrumptious.
Pumpkin Bisque or Soup?
I really wanted to say this is soup but if you know the difference between soup and bisque you would come to the conclusion that this is Bisque and not soup. What makes it a Bisque? It more of a creamy, smooth broth made with seafood and is of french origin, hence the name.
Even though that wasn’t what I was going for the end result was too specular and I had to just “call a spade a spade”.
Pumpkin Or Squash
I make this dish all the time in different forms and I use ‘Pumpkin’ in my country Jamaica our Pumpkin is different. We don’t have squash in any other form. What you call ‘Kobocha Squash’ is what we refer to as Pumpkin. You can use Butternut Squash as it is very similar in texture and taste.
Pumpkin Bisque with Lobster Recipe
I use lobster, but we all know that lobsters can be expensive. You can use shrimp instead, that will work fine. Or replace it with a fish broth and garnish with whatever you like.
I made a lobster broth at the beginning and set it aside for making the bisque. Making the broth was easy and there is a video attached to the recipe that will guide you. The broth is to add extra flavor to the soup. I also added lobster to the mix and blended it into the pumpkin. This is optional, but I do it for optimal taste.
Pumpkin Bisque Vegan or Vegetarian
This can be 100% vegan if you substitute for just coconut milk only, use vegan butter, or sub for olive oil. Of course, you will leave out the lobster.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
CHECK OUT THSE AWESOME RECIPES FROM US
Creamy Pumpkin Lobster Bisque
- Hand Blender
- 2 cups Kobocha Squash Or Butternut Squash diced
- 8 oz lobster meat Claw or tail
- ¾ cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup scallion chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp thyme chopped
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- Lobster broth
- 5 oz lobster
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1-1 1/2 cups water
- In a saucepan on med heat add butter, then 5-6oz lobster meat and saute. Add water to simmer, then add garlic and onion powder. Simmer for 5 mins until the broth absorbs the lobster flavor.
- Strain broth into a bowl and set aside meat and both.
- In a pot add coconut oil, onion, garlic, scallion, thyme, remaining lobster, and saute to allow the flavors to release.
- Add pumpkin or squash to the pot and stir for 5 mins. Then add cream, coconut milk, lobster broth, and bouillon cube. Stir and let cook until pumpkin/squash is tender.
- Blending: Set aside and let it cool first, then add to the blender and blend until everything is pureed.
- Hand Blender: You don’t need to let it kool, just carefully and thoroughly puree the pumpkin.
- Serve and add remaining lobster meat on top of each serving.
- Garnish with scallions (optional)