Stuffed Chicken Breast can be made in many different ways. My favorite so far is stuffing it with callaloo and cheddar cheese. However, I didn’t have any callaloo at hand so I did spinach and add some Jerk sauce to it which was a game-changer. I used a mild Jerk sauce so the chicken wasn’t spicy but had the flavors of the Jerk sauce. If you like to add more spice just add more Jerk sauce to it or buy the spicy jerk sauce instead of the mild.
I do make my own Jerk sauce and BBQ sauce, I just prefer my own because it tastes better. Yikes! Hope I didn’t offend anyone. But I will definitely post my own Jerk and BBQ sauce for you guys to try.
I think as it regards to stuffings you could add whatever you like. I would have added some mushrooms too but I was saving my shitakes for a stir-fry. You could use a blend of parmesan, gorgonzola, and mozzarella. I tried those with meatballs and I gotta say it was fantastic.
You also don’t have to use a skillet you could go straight to the oven but then again you wouldn’t get those burst of flavors. I would pair this with some coconut cream sweet potatoes. Yes! SO GOOD! Rice, some cauliflower mash, or mash potatoes.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I am happy to help.
Below is the Jerk seasoning/sauce form Walkershood
Check out this Easy Jamaican Jerk BBQ Chicken Recipe
Stuffed Cheesy Jerk Chicken Breast
- Cast Iron
- 3 Pieces of Whole Chicken Breast
- 3-4 hand full of spinach
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp season salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ Jerk sauce
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ dried parsley
- ½ minced garlic
- pinch of black pepper
- Season chicken with all the dried ingredients seasoned salt, garlic powder, Jerk sauce, paprika, oregano, dried parsley, minced garlic, black pepper and salt and massage the season in.
- Slit each chicken breast at the side straight down the middle to form a pocket. Around ¾ of the way.
- Stuff each of the chicken with the spinach and cheese and use the toothpick to close each chicken breast.
- Add oil to the skillet on medium heat. Then add each chicken of the pot. It should sizzle. You do not want the pot to be crowded and you do not want it to accumulate water.
- After each side is brown, cover the pan with foil and put it in the oven at 350 degrees and cook for 12-15 mins or until cooked thoroughly. This depends on the size and how many chicken breast you are cooking)