Hey Guys! So let me tell you how I went to Chicago and fell in love with the Berry Pancakes at the Wildberry Pancakes. OMG! It was AMAZING!!! so, I had to re-create this Fluffy Cream Cheese Blueberry Pancakes, however, my version. I tried using the cream cheese as a filling but honestly, I prefer it in the pancakes. But you can do whatever that suits you.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS TO PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.DISCLAIMER HERE
Use whatever brand products you like, I am sure it will get the job done right and still taste yummy.
My batter was a little light with the 1 cup, so I added 1/3 cup more flour, that is only because I like my pancakes fluffy. Also, instead of adding the cream cheese on top of the batter like how I initially did it, just add the cream cheese into the mix. I find when I put the cream cheese on top of the batter while making the pancakes, it tastes too creamy. I prefer the cream to be a little lighter.
I add a lot of garnish. So, I wanted a cream cheese garnish and I created a sauce from cream cheese and it was awesome. I have the recipe down below.
Fluffy Cream Cheese Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk (warm)
- 1 tbsp soft butter or melted
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- pinch of salt
- oil for cooking
- 6 oz cream cheese sauce (soft)
- whipped cream
- powdered sugar
- maple sugar
Cream Cheese Sauce
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp milk
- Mix together sifted flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat eggs together with milk, cream cheese, vanilla, and soft butter, do not overbeat this mixture because you want the pancakes to be thick and fluffy.
- Combine both dry and wet ingredients together and mix; the consistency should be thick, make sure it's not too lumpy.
- Add a hand full of Blueberries to the mixture and stir in. (do not overmix)
- Base pan with oil on medium heat. Then add pancake batter to the pan and cook on each side until it becomes brown.
- Garnish with fruits, a layer of syrup, and a layer of cream cheese sauce and whipped cream on top.
Cream Cheese Sauce
- In a bowl beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar until it becomes smooth. Then add milk and vanilla to the mix and mix until smooth.
- Then Drizzle over pancake as desire.