Coconut Rum Banana French Toast with a scoop of vanilla cookie dough on top to get the party started early. It’s like having dessert for breakfast.
Coconut Rum Banana French Toast
This recipe is my favorite and I have been making this for a while now. I make them in different variations. You will love this. I used Coconut milk, coconut shavings for garnish, Banana, and rum to make the caramel sauce and brioche bread to make the toast because it’s my favorite.
What kind of rum to use in Coconut Rum French Toast?
I used Appleton Estate Signature Blend Jamaica Rum to make this ingredient. I contemplated on Wrap and Nephew White overproof rum but I thought that would be a little bit too aggressive. So, I choose dark rum because it’s sweeter, smooth, and more flavorful.
What kind of bread to use for French Toast?
The type of bread that is most commonly used in French Toast are Brioche, Challah, and Baguette. What do you like? for my preference I like when my bread is not hard and has flavor hence, I go with brioche because it has everything I want.
Ice cream used
I used a Keto Ice Cream Cookie Dough sold at Aldi. It wasn’t too sweet and I didn’t feel guilty adding it and having it.
Caramel Banana Sauce
This sauce substitutes maple syrup. Who wants plain syrup with this awesome Coconut Banan French Toast Recipe? I used butter, sugar, and spice to make it nice and then add rum and bananas in the end. I did not want to lose the flavor of the rum with the heat and also did not want to overcook the bananas.
How to make Coconut Rum Banana French Toast?
- I use coconut milk because it’s a recipe that calls for coconut also it’s better for my digestive system. You can use whole milk if you want. Coconut milk makes it 10 times better. You could definitely make this diary free with just a few substitutions.
- Make sure to mix out your egg mixture thoroughly. You don’t want your toast to taste like eggs.
- Using the right bread will make or break your french toast. I tried Banana Stuffed French Toast Bites with keto bread and it was awful. Sorry, no offense but I could never ever again.
- Brioche Bun is soft and delicate but it’s delicious and that’s why I love using it for french toast. Please do not completely submerge and soak the bread. This will cause the bread to be soggy and break apart.
- Overripe bananas will make it sweeter yes, but when cooked they will mash and then they will no longer be firm and have a bite.
- The Carmamzlize sauce can be used as your syrup for the topping, just make more if you would like more syrup.
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME RECIPES FROM US