Spicy Tuna is just way too good to be done one way. Often people will have this in a bowl or a roll. I love foods with versatility. Mixing and fusing cultures are what I love to do. Enjoy this as a snack or appetizer. It’s quick, easy, and delicious.
Spicy Tuna with Mayo or Soy Sauce?
Honestly, this depends on your liking, oftentimes it is done with mayo which is just as delicious. However, with this recipe, I opted for Tamari instead. I was aiming for a different texture and taste. Which turned out to be fantastic. With the blend of ginger and sesame, I took this sauce to a whole new level.
Sriracha Soy Sauce
¼ ounces of Tamari or Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Sriracha
2 tbsp brown sugar or honey
1 – ½ tsp minced ginger (optional)
Different ways can you have Spicy Tuna?
This list is long, the versatility of Spicy tuna is endless.
- With tostones
- Toast ciabatta or sourdough
- In a roll
- With rice
- On a seaweed salad or with pickled cucumber.
What is Sushi-grade or Sashimi-grade tuna?
This basically means that the processor prepared and stored the fish to the standard requirements that allow it to be safely consumed raw.
Is Spicy Tuna raw?
Yes, It is raw. However, it is your responsibility to make sure you buy sashimi grade tuna from a reputable store. Also, Consuming raw or undercooked meats and poultry, seafood, shellfish or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
Please make the Spicy Tuna first before you fry the tostones. Plantains get cold easily as a result the structure does not hold and this will affect the taste and texture of your Spicy tuna Tostones.
Recipes to Try
Spicy Tuna Tostones
For the spicy tuna
- 4 oz sashimi-grade tuna
- 1 stalk scallion shave
- ¼ cup avocado small cubes
- ½ tsp ginger powder or minced
- ½ tsp black sesame seed
- ½ tsp white sesame seed
- ¼ cup tamari or Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- How to Make Tostones
- How to make Tostones HERE
- Using your Sashimi grade Tuna, cut the piece/s in half horizontally then slice each piece ½ inch to 1 inch vertically, then cut to make cubes.
- Cut avocados into small cubes as well, the same size as the tuna.
- In a bowl mix soy sauce, sriracha, sesame seed oil, ginger, black and white sesame seed and mix together until everything is evenly blended and the flavors come together.
- Then, add tuna and avocado and toss in
- Using the spoon place the spicy tuna on top of the tones and garnish with shaved scallions and sesame seeds.