This Blood Orange Peachy Margarita is delicious, citrusy, mellow, refreshing, and slightly tart. It’s perfect for any time of the year. Sadly, Blood orange only grows during a particular season.
Blood Orange Margarita
I wanted to create something different for this drink and decided to do a Margarita since I am such a big fan of Margaritas. I created this cocktail not knowing what the hell I was doing. Then came up with the name Blood Orange Peachy Margarita. I like it! Blood Oranges are in season now so why not take advantage of the season.
Making Blood Orange Peach Margarita
It is optional to add the pulp, but I do because it makes it more flavourful. You can opt for peach syrup if you prefer not to blend the peaches. Just be mindful that if you do it might be sweeter. I rarely see peach juice on the shelves in the supermarket.
Sugar or Salt? It depends on my mood, However, I prefer the salt with this one, as this cocktail is on the fruitier side so, using salt will balance out the sweetness from the fruit and tartness from the lime.
Garnish is not of great significance in this cocktail. As it is perfect on its own and is brought in color. Hence, it is;t necessary. But, I added a slice of blood orange.
CHECK OUT THSE AWESOME RECIPES FROM US
Blood Orange Peachy Margarita
- 2 oz blood orange freshly squeezed ( 1 large Blood Orange)
- 1 oz lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 oz peaches juiced
- 1/3 oz bauchant
- 2 oz reposado T=tequila
- crushed Ice
- salt for the rim
- slice of blood orange
- If you are using fresh peaches, blend 1/2 of a whole peach, then strain.
- Use a lime wedge to wet the edges of your glass. Then dip the glass in salt, preferably kosher salt.
- Using a cocktail shaker, add ice, tequila, bauchant, blood orange juice, lime juice, peaches and shake well.